-->

Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Yes

Featured Slider Styles

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

Display Trending Posts

Yes

Display Author Bio

Display Instagram Footer

No

Dark or Light Style

Dark

About Me

My photo
This blog is an amateur photographer's attempt to show how beautiful the world really is. He is drawn to the colors of nature like a moth to a candle light. What are showcased here are nature's grand display of colors at sunrise and sunset, beautiful beaches and off-the-beaten track locations in his beloved Philippines, waterfalls and some of nature's great sculptures, architectural gems, and other views from around SE Asia that he was fortunate to see at one point.

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

March 27, 2008

coming home


I was able to go home for the Holy Week this summer. Went to the airport early, just to be assured of a window seat, on the right side of the plane, just on the right row. I know how the plane is going to approach the airport and I tried taking photos before but the weather was not kind. This time weather was perfect.

Someone was already seated in my seat when I boarded the plane. The conversation went like this:

Me: "Excuse me mister, but I think you are in my seat..."
Schmuck: "Oh is that right? But I requested for a window seat..."
Me: "Maybe you did, but they didn't give you one, did they? Please check your seat number."
Schmuck: "Do you really need a window seat?"
Me: "Yes I do, more than you think..."
Schmuck: "Can we exchange sets later?"
Me: "OK, as long as you get up during the landing sequence, I have to take photos".

It didn't take a few seconds for him to realize his possible predicament. He stood up and we exchanged seats. Picture taking trumps everything. (In hindsight, if he really wanted that window seat, he could have waited for me first and asked me. I would have let him have the seat)

(Sarangani coastline - west side)

General Santos City is considered the Tuna Capital of the Philippines. Tons and tons of tuna are processed daily in its world class fish port (32 hectares, took USD 26 million to develop) which can accommodate more than a thousand fishing vessels . Unfortunately I was not able to take a photo of the fish port from the air.

(Sarangani Bay)


(part of downtown Gensan)

The area around Gensan used to be very barren. Now mango plantations are sprouting everywhere to meet the increasing demands of the nearby Dole cannery in Polomolok as well as from those mango processing plants in Cebu.

(several seconds before touchdown)
QuickEdit
Lantaw
13 Comments
Share This Post :

You Might Also Like

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! These have got to be the best aerial shots of GenSan I've ever laid my eyes on.

Can I feature them in my blog at BARILES REPUBLIC?

Thanks.

Bariles

Lantaw said...

thanks! Sure you can use the images. Mabuhay ang Gensan! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sharp and clear! Parang walang bintana!

I usually request for the same seat too, window seat on the right-hand side of the plane. Though I request it because I fall asleep easily in that position.

But yeah, "Picture taking trumps everything!" I'll use this in the future!

lagal[og] said...

bai! nag-uli ka pala sa gensan? naku, di na tayo nagkita. hamo, next time :-) hope you had a good break!

Anonymous said...

Hi po. Idol ko po kayo sa photography. Ang galing! Napaka artistic. Sana magkaroon kayo ng photo exhibit sa gensan. Pwede pong malaman anong camera ang gamit ninyo? ;)I have placed your blog spot to my faves. thanks to Bariles for the link.

Anonymous said...

hi allan...thanks for dropping by my site.. medyo hindi pa galing ko regular magpost...salamat sa pagcomment...I love your blog! kanami sang mga pix mo.btw, may add you in my links?

Lantaw said...

@cedsaid - Thanks for dropping by!

@lagalog - Yup puli ko for some muni muni hehe. Not much photo taking that week, DVD marathon lng :)

@anonymous - I use a D50. Thank you very much!

@sandra - Thanks for dropping by too. I'd be very glad to be included in your links.

zherwin said...

oo nga, parang walang nakaharang na bintana, iba talaga talaga kapag mga maestro ang tumira, panalong-panalo!

escape said...

you mean the check in operator didn't gave you the window view side? that's a bad system.

i've never been to gensan but i heard it's a nice place.

adding you as a link to my blog.

Lantaw said...

@zherwin - thanks bro!

@donG - the checkin operator didn't give the other guy the window view eventhough he asked for it. hehehe. Thanks for the visit and thanks for linking.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I've been looking for pictures to complement my blog entry. This is the perfect one. Can I use the pictures for my blog entry?

Anonymous said...

Hello.

I'm Mikko from General Santos. Maaga rin ako pumupunta ng airport kung pauwi ako ng GenSan so that I can ask a window seat (pero iniiwasan ko ang line 31 A to K ng Airbus 340 [ginagamit ng PAL]).

Maganda talaga ang aerial view ng approach to General Santos, lalong-lalo na yung 10 minutes before touchdown, bago lumibot sa Sarangani Bay tas pati na rin yung Sarangani Bay.

Ganda talaga ng Nikon D50 -- gusto ko na rin tuloy bumili ng SLR ko. Anyway, para mong binuksan yung bintana ng plane. LOL.

TagaGensan ka o Koronodal o both?

Ako, pinanganak sa Tacurong, lumaki sa GenSan, naghighschool sa Davao, college sa Quezon City. :D

Lantaw said...

@Cecil Maris - Sure you can use those photos. Thanks for the visit!

@Mikko - Thanks for the visit! I'm from Koronadal.

Post a Comment

[name=lantaw] [img=https://c5.staticflickr.com/9/8237/8458831412_c95b7dbbae_t.jpg] [description=Loves to shoot nature's grand display of colors at sunrise and sunset, beautiful beaches and off-the-beaten track locations in his beloved Philippines, waterfalls and other natural wonders] (facebook=https://www.facebook.com/lantawphotos) (twitter=https://twitter.com/lantawphotos) (instagram=https://www.instagram.com/lantaw/)